WISCONSIN ASSEMBLY BILL NO.1467
This bill requires the department of transportation to set maximum permissible noise levels for motor vehicles. Owners of vehicles failing to comply with motor vehicle noise pollution standards are subject to a civil forfeiture of up to $200. In addition, the bill permits the department of industry, labor and human relations to establish noise pollution standards, and sets out a special enforcement procedure much like that presently provided in water pollution cases. Persons violating these DILHR standards are subject to a forfeiture of from $10 to $5,000.
Wisconsin LegislatureMadison, WI United States 53702
- Publication Date: 1972-1-14
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Laws; Legal factors; Legislation; Noise; Noise control; Regulations; Sound level; Traffic noise
- Geographic Terms: Wisconsin
- Old TRIS Terms: Motor vehicle noise/wisconsin legislation; Wisconsin legislation/motor vehicle noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00261164
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1974 12:00AM