MARYLAND STATE SENATE BILL NO. 764
This bill sets noise limits on heavy (greater than 6000 pounds) and light motor vehicles, and motorcycles. It prohibits modification of exhaust or intake mufflers or any other vehicular noise abatement device. It prohibits freeway construction in such a way that would produce a noise level greater than 50 db(A) in any public school classroom or library. It restricts the noise emission from new vehicles at a steadily decreasing limiting value through the year 1980. Other sections deal with noise emissions of arbitrary commercial products, powered equipment, hand tools, construction and industrial machinery, and manufacturing operations in zoned districts.
- Version of Maryland House of Delegates Bill No. 1226
Maryland General AssemblyAnnapolis, MD United States 21404
- Publication Date: 1972-3-6
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Emission control systems; Exhaust gases; Laws; Legal factors; Motor vehicles; Motorcycles; Mufflers; Noise; Noise control; Regulations; Road construction; Sound level; State government; Traffic noise
- Old TRIS Terms: Motor vehicle noise/state regulations; State regulations/motor vehicle noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00261154
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1974 12:00AM