NEW JERSEY STATE ASSEMBLY BILL NO. 2181
This act is known as the "Noise Control Act of 1971." It declares that policy of the State of New Jersey is to control noise from industrial, commercial, residential and vehicular sources to the degree necessary for the (a) protection of the health, safety and well being of its citizens, (b) protection of the convenience and comfort of the public, and (c) development, attraction and expansion of industry, commerce, and agriculture. Aircraft noise is to be regulated by consultation with the Federal Aviation Administration. A Noise Control Council is created within the Department of Environmental Protection.
New Jersey LegislatureTrenton, NJ United States 08625
- Publication Date: 1971-2-16
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Aircraft noise; Business districts; Industries; Laws; Motor vehicles; Noise; Noise control; Regulations; State government; Traffic noise
- Identifier Terms: Noise Control Act of 1971; U.S. Federal Aviation Administration
- Geographic Terms: New Jersey
- Old TRIS Terms: Commercial districts; Motor vehicles/noise regulations; Noise regulations/motor vehicles
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00261145
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1974 12:00AM