This report concerns the outdoor noise environment including A-scale measurements, spectra and variations with location. Intruding noises of constant level and intermittent single events are discussed. Finally the reactions and annoyance of communities are surveyed and the results are related to noise pollution levels and traffic noise index. Growth of intruding noises and residual noise are mentioned, followed by some recommendations.
- Volume 3 of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Report to the President and to the Congress on Noise.
Wyle Laboratories128 Maryland Street
El Segundo, CA United States 90245
- Publication Date: 1971-12-31
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Communities; Environmental impacts; Noise; Noise control; Public opinion; Social values; Sound level; Traffic noise
- Old TRIS Terms: Community values; Environmental noise/characteristics
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Environment; Highways; Society;
- Accession Number: 00261127
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTID300.3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1974 12:00AM