CHARACTERISTICS AND CONTROL OF CAR, TRUCK AND BUS NOISE
It is pointed out that there is a great deal involved in controlling noise of cars and trucks and emphasized that the changes required to significantly reduce noise of vehicles will require a cost penalty which is eventually borne by the consumer. It will likely also require compromises with other performance factors, such as the amount of cargo that can be hauled with a truck or the amount of foot room you have in a car. And finally, it is emphasized that solutions to some of these problems are not known at this time and that time is required in any case even when solutions are known to implement those solutions in terms of production hardware.
- Proceedings of Purdue Noise Control Conference, Purdue University, 14 July 1971.
Purdue UniversitySchool of Aeronautics and Astronautics
West Lafayette, IN USA 47907
- Groening, J A
- Publication Date: 1971-7-14
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Buses; Costs; Economic factors; Noise control; Traffic noise; Trucks; Vehicle characteristics
- Old TRIS Terms: Truck noise
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Highways; Motor Carriers; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00261038
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1974 12:00AM