BATTERY ELECTRIC BUS PROJECT
Details are given of the general design of the Department of Trade and Industry's prototype electric bus, and of its testing and operation. The design aspects considered are floor height, cab layout, seating, color, traction system and chassis. Instrumentation for recording data on speed, motor current and motor voltage is briefly mentioned, and details of maintenance and energy consumption are given. Reliability of the prototype vehicle is discussed, and indications of potential reliability and maintenance requirements for a production vehicle are appended, together with a table of vehicle parameters. /TRRL/
Department of Trade and Industry, EnglandLondon, England
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Economic efficiency; Electric batteries; Electric buses; Energy; Instrumentation; Maintenance; Maintenance practices; Reliability; Testing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency; Operation and maintenance
- ITRD Terms: 1315: Battery; 1272: Bus; 9011: Design (overall design); 6954: Electricity; 213: Energy; 9109: Prototype; 5408: Speed; 1575: Vehicle inspection
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Energy; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00260977
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrm Rpt.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1981 12:00AM