MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS: WHO, WHEN, WHERE, AND WHY
This report attempts to characterize the conditions which prevail when motorcycle accidents occur. In order to carry out this characterization, all single vehicle motorcycle accidents (N equals 706) and all car-motorcycle accidents (N equals 1418) which occurred in North Carolina in 1972 were investigated. Tabular presentations provide comparison between motorcycle accidents and similar passenger car accidents.
- This study was partially supported by the North Carolina Governor's Highway Safety Program.
Highway Safety Research CenterNorth Carolina University
Chapel Hill, NC USA
- Griffin III, L I
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Crash investigation; Motorcycles; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00260957
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 11 1974 12:00AM