Managing risk at the delivery end of projects in addition to the front end is demonstrated through a pragmatic but robust assurance system. The importance of risk being managed at all stages by those having project delivery responsibility is highlighted and examples of benefits achieved are given. The impact on client and contractor culture and future development for improving risk competency are given. Improvement to costs and programme achievement and additional benefits are highlighted.
- Record URL:
- McCusker A
- Publication Date: 2004
- Pagination: 6p.
- Monograph Title: New horizons for rail: CORE 2004: conference on railway engineering, June 20-23 2004, Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
- TRT Terms: Management; Project management; Railroad transportation; Risk assessment
- ATRI Terms: Project management; Rail transport; Risk assessment; Transport management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 01517250
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 4 2014 8:15PM