Noise and vibration mitigation, Dublin light rail
The ‘Luas’ Light Rail project will introduce a new light rail system in Dublin, Ireland. Sinclair Knight Merz was appointed as principal designer for the track, civil, structural, and building components of the project. The aim of this paper is to present findings of a detailed noise and vibration investigation carried out on various track sections/rollingstock related to the Dublin Light Project. The paper will: briefly describe the overall project scope and the role Sinclair Knight Merz played as detail designers, describe the various track sections which were actually measured for noise and vibration and others (eg: Floating Track Slabs) which were modelled, briefly overview current practice related to noise and vibration mitigation measures, describe the noise and vibration investigations carried out and how they were reported in a manner which could be easily interpreted by designers, describe the noise and vibration mitigation measures which were adopted as a result of the Investigation and discuss noise and vibration criteria which should be adopted for new urban light rail systems.
- Record URL:
- Daniel L
- Publication Date: 2004
- Pagination: 8p.
- Monograph Title: New horizons for rail: CORE 2004: conference on railway engineering, June 20-23 2004, Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
- TRT Terms: Design; Light rail transit; Noise control; Vibration
- ATRI Terms: Design; Light rail transport; Noise control; Vibration
- Subject Areas: Design; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 01517206
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 4 2014 8:13PM