Australian standards for the rail industry
The Rail Industry Safety and Standards Board (RISSB) is a wholly owned by the Australasian Railway Association (ARA). Its primary activity is to harmonise the Australian rail industry through the development of national standards, codes of practice, rules and guidance material. This paper will examine the evolution of standards from the state based rail systems through to the present environment. It will describe how RISSB standards are developed and discuss some of the key issues affecting development and implementation of these standards. The progress to date and imminent RISSB standards for publication are described.
- Record URL:
- Gardner A
- Rykers S
- Publication Date: 2010
- Pagination: 7p.
- Monograph Title: Rejuvenation and renaissance: CORE 2010: conference on railway engineering, 12-15 September 2010, Wellington, New Zealand
- TRT Terms: Railroad transportation; Safety; Standards
- ATRI Terms: Australian standard; Rail transport; Safety
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 01517134
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 4 2014 8:09PM