Rail duplication and construction: New Lynn rail trench
The paper will focus on the successful delivery of the New Lynn Rail Trench. Among other benefits, the procurement model of Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) allowed the project team to achieve an optimised and constructable design, a parallel Consenting process, significant enabling works, and the inclusion of the third parties’ Enhanced Station scope at a later stage of the project. Value engineering techniques and “best for project” decision making principles were used throughout the project to achieve optimised rail gradients, rail infrastructure, station location and structural concept and construction methodology, enabling the programme and budget expectations to be exceeded.
- Record URL:
- McDonald M
- Crawford K
- Publication Date: 2010
- Pagination: 10p.
- Monograph Title: Rejuvenation and renaissance: CORE 2010: conference on railway engineering, 12-15 September 2010, Wellington, New Zealand
- TRT Terms: Level of service; Project management; Railroad transportation; Transportation planning
- ATRI Terms: Project management; Rail transport; Transport performance; Transport planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 01517112
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 4 2014 8:08PM