Rail safety management: a US perspective
In 2007, U.S. railroads achieved their safest year ever by the following major safety yardsticks: the Train Accident Rate was down 10% from 2006, collisions at level crossings were down 7% from 2006 and casualty rates for employees. Longer-term trends show this progress has been steady for almost 30 years; since 1980 the train accident rate, and level crossing collisions have dropped more than 70%.
- Record URL:
- Moller J
- Publication Date: 2009
- Pagination: 4p.
- TRT Terms: Crash rates; Railroad grade crossings; Railroad transportation; Safety
- ATRI Terms: Crash rate; Level crossing; Rail transport; Safety
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 01517057
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 4 2014 8:05PM