Advances in communications based train control for metro railways
High capacity urban rail transport has been the life blood of the world's great and aspiring cities for over a century. Traffic congestion, limited land avaliability and high levels of passenger demand are not new. In essence metro style railways have always needed to be capable, reliable, competitive and sustainable. However, society's expectations, the competitive environment and the ability of technology to deliver on these requirements have changed radically. In particular, advances in train control technology continue to be a critical enabler for the improving performance of metro.
- Page C
- Publication Date: 2009
- Pagination: 10p.
- TRT Terms: Railroad transportation; Technology
- Uncontrolled Terms: Urban transport
- ATRI Terms: Rail transport; Technology
- Subject Areas: Railroads;
- Accession Number: 01517055
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 4 2014 8:05PM