Richmond line duplication: stage 1: Quakers Hill to Schofields
In recent times it has become apparent that cost efficient public transport systems, servicing the needs of the people, are required for great cities to remain not only environmentally sustainable but to also encourage and allow for future growth. This is certainly the case for Australia’s premier city, Sydney, where heavy rail passenger systems are being upgraded as part of the NSW Government’s Rail Clearways Program (RCP). This paper provides insight into Stage 1 of the Richmond Line Duplication, Quakers Hill to Schofields, which is one of the RCP projects which will realise more reliable and frequent rail services thereby increasing public transport capacity for the North West Sector of Sydney.
- Record URL:
- Daniel L
- Publication Date: 2009
- Pagination: 25p.
- Monograph Title: AusRAIL PLUS 2009, doing more with less, 17-19 November 2009, Adelaide, South Australia
- TRT Terms: Passenger transportation; Railroad transportation; Travel demand
- ATRI Terms: Passenger transport; Rail transport; Travel demand
- Subject Areas: Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 01516995
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 4 2014 8:02PM