Advanced train management system
Australian Rail Track Corporation is the owner and manager of the interstate rail track on behalf of the Commonwealth Government. Responsibilities include managing and developing the asset, and providing open access to rail operators, for the purpose of facilitating the development of the rail industry. This paper describes ARTC’s project to implement a new generation train management system that utilises modern technology to control trains, and other users, over its network. Performance based specifications for an Advanced Train Management System (ATMS) were developed about three years ago. ARTC conducted a Registration of Interest process from which a small number of Consortia were invited to tender. Tenders were received in July 1992. ARTC has selected Lockheed Martin as its preferred tenderer. The project can only be described in functional and conceptual terms at this stage. The details of design are to be developed in the first phase of the project. This paper will describe in functional and conceptual terms the ATMS system.
- Record URL:
- Kitto A
- Publication Date: 2003
- Pagination: 1p.
- Monograph Title: AusRAIL PLUS 2003, investing in Australian rail - strategies and solutions, 17-19 November 2003, Sydney, NSW, Australia
- TRT Terms: Rail (Railroads); Railroad trains; Railroad transportation; Traffic signal controllers
- ATRI Terms: Rail transport; Railway track; Signal controller; Train
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 01516967
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 4 2014 8:01PM