The Auckland electrification experience
Currently in progress, the Auckland Electrification project is an exciting rail infrastructure investment being undertaken by the New Zealand Government through the New Zealand Rail Authority ONTRACK. AECOM, together with our partner Balfour Beatty, are presently engaged in the detail design of the traction and overhead wiring system which we expect to complete in December 2009. The Auckland Electrification Project entails the installation of overhead wiring on 168km of Auckland’s existing diesel rail network. The new system is a 25kV AC classic traction system. Construction of the new traction system is set to commence before the end of 2009 and is planned for completion in 2012. This paper details our experience to date and covers all of the issues and challenges involved in undertaking a major electrification project.
- Record URL:
- Davis K
- Fargher R
- Publication Date: 2009
- Pagination: 8p.
- Monograph Title: AusRAIL PLUS 2009, doing more with less, 17-19 November 2009, Adelaide, South Australia
- TRT Terms: Electricity; Railroad trains; Railroad transportation
- ATRI Terms: Electricity; Rail transport; Train
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 01516948
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 4 2014 8:00PM