QR's track bed investigation methodology
QR's track bed investigation methodology is described, including established processes and the recent application of Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) technology. Technical information on each process and the development of GPR testing for assessing track beds is included. A case study of a recent track bed investigation in the Maryborough area is also discussed.
- Record URL:
- Foun D
- Williams S
- Publication Date: 2003
- Pagination: 11p.
- Monograph Title: AusRAIL PLUS 2003, investing in Australian rail - strategies and solutions, 17-19 November 2003, Sydney, NSW, Australia
- TRT Terms: Construction management; Ground penetrating radar; Maintenance management; Rail (Railroads)
- ATRI Terms: Ground penetrating radar (GPR); Maintenance management; Maintenance method; Railway track
- Subject Areas: Construction; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 01516916
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 4 2014 7:58PM