Infrastructure planning in Singapore
Transportation planning is driven by land use planning which is in turn influenced by the transport infrastructure that could be provided to serve the areas of development. Working together with the land use planners we envisioned a comprehensive network of rail and road facilities. Buses will continue to play an important role in supporting the public transport network. This fabric of complementary network provides commuters on public transport with sufficient choices for mobility. Building a railway involves more than just 'infrastructure'. The integration of public transport fare system has been an important aspect in bringing value and convenience to urban transport travel by promoting seamless travel. In addition, the adoption of a systems approach for design, construction and testing of electrical and mechanical systems has proven to be an essential aspect for the successful completion of transit projects. The implementation of the project safety review process has also given us a more structured safety management process comparable to other road/rail systems in the world. In the context of infrastructure planning, the projects that we have undertaken all these past years have served to provide the necessary framework to promote public transport.
- Record URL:
- Low T
- Publication Date: 2003
- Pagination: 10p.
- Monograph Title: AusRAIL PLUS 2003, investing in Australian rail - strategies and solutions, 17-19 November 2003, Sydney, NSW, Australia
- TRT Terms: Infrastructure; Railroad transportation; Transportation planning
- ATRI Terms: Infrastructure; Rail transport; Transport planning
- Subject Areas: Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 01516909
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 4 2014 7:58PM