Dynamic generation of drawings in facility management system
Many railway companies in Japan have adopted a computerized facility management system for better efficiency and other benefits. There are some serious problems, however, such as high costs of initial data registration and inconsistency between ledgers and drawings. In order to solve these problems, we have proposed a facility management system called Dynamic Generation System (DGS). Under the conventional way of drawing generation, each sector has its own independent system. In order to establish an efficient maintenance management system and enhance the usefulness of drawing generation, we strove to integrate DGS so that facility drawings extending over multiple sectors such as the track structures, railway structures, and trolley wires can be displayed in one screen. We are sure that this system will contribute to eliminating some problems and improving the existing facility management systems. In recent years, some railway companies in Japan are introducing this system to take advantage of the merits.
- Record URL:
- Kikuchi M
- Publication Date: 2005
- Pagination: 6p.
- Monograph Title: AusRAIL PLUS 2005, 22-24 November 2005, Sydney, NSW, Australia
- TRT Terms: Databases; Maintenance management; Railroad transportation
- ATRI Terms: Database; Maintenance management; Maintenance planning; Rail transport
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 01516890
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 4 2014 7:57PM