ERTMS/ETCS European migration towards a standardised automatic train control system
Over the past decade the European ERTMS/ETCS initiative has reached a state where product solutions are available and commercial projects are awarded in larger scale. The routes are set to overcome national borders to safely improve railway operation to regain market share against other modes of transport. This paper introduces the rationale behind ERTMS/ETCS and emphasizes on the topic of migration from legacy train control systems towards the European future in railways.
- Record URL:
- Boyer H
- Pottendorfer M
- Publication Date: 2005
- Pagination: 5p.
- Monograph Title: AusRAIL PLUS 2005, 22-24 November 2005, Sydney, NSW, Australia
- TRT Terms: Management; Modal shift; Railroad transportation; Travel demand management
- ATRI Terms: Modal shift; Rail transport; Transport demand; Transport management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 01516885
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 4 2014 7:57PM