GOTCHA! Intelligent maintenance and network asset management system
Lloyd's Register Rail's 'Gotcha' Asset Management Platform is the product of 5-year's development in partnership with the Rolling Stock Operators and Maintainers and the Infrastructure Owners in the Netherlands. The philosophy of the system is based on four key precepts, meeting the underlying need to establish a business programme for effective and efficient management of rail assets in a single, value-for-money and user-friendly system which is designed to: - Give accurate measurement of the interaction between technical interfaces automatically, with a focus on safety and wear, providing high quality time series data combined with early warning of faults developing in a range of critical components - Provide a central store of real-time and historic data supporting a wide range of improved business financial and technical controls, and enabling the development of a new range of Key Performance Indicators for both rolling stock and infrastructure assets - Facilitate the optimisation of maintenance planning and hence the maximization of availability and / or reduction in lifetime costs of a range of rolling stock and infrastructure assets. - Provide efficient and proactive compliance with appropriate national and international standards and performance regimes The relationship between asset monitoring, asset knowledge and asset management drives a need for rail asset intelligence tools. The best way to create and manage these tools is to follow a tried and tested step-by-step approach.
- Boom P
- Publication Date: 2007
- Pagination: 5p.
- Monograph Title: AusRAIL PLUS 2007, celebrating the past, creating the future, 4-6 December 2007, Sydney, NSW, Australia
- TRT Terms: Asset management; Compliance; Maintenance management; Performance measurement; Railroad transportation
- ATRI Terms: Asset management; Compliance; Maintenance management; Performance indicators; Rail transport
- Subject Areas: Finance; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 01516879
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 4 2014 7:56PM