The development of veloSTRAIL closed flange level crossing system
This paper is a report on the development of the veloSTRAIL closed flange level crossing system developed by Gummiwerk Kraiburg GmbH. It also includes a summary of current international and Australian flangeway gap standards and past studies into safety at pedestrian level crossings. Results of current veloSTRAIL field trials as well as information on the reliability testing of the system indicate a high level performance in providing a safe crossing system for pedestrians, wheelchairs, and cyclists. The interchangeable wearing part provides an economic advantage over previous evolutions of veloSTRAIL to rail authorities as the whole inner panel does not need to be replaced as wear occurs.
- Record URL:
- Roseman A
- Publication Date: 2008
- Pagination: 7p.
- Monograph Title: AusRAIL PLUS 2008, capacity, climate & culture, 1-2 December 2008, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- TRT Terms: Field tests; Railroad grade crossings; Railroad transportation; Safety; Technology
- ATRI Terms: Field test; Level crossing; Rail transport; Safety; Technology
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 01516832
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB
- Files: ATRI
- Created Date: Mar 4 2014 7:54PM