CAL. NUMBER 707, 4868-B
An amendment is presented to the vehicle and traffic law and the conservation law, in relation to registration, operation and control of snowmobiles. Requirements regarding the equipment and operation of snowmobiles are set forth. All snowmobiles operating within the State of New York shall be equipped with headlights, tail light, brakes, reflector material and mufflers. The Commissioner may adopt rules and regulations with respect to the inspection of snowmobiles and the testing of snowmobile mufflers. Rules are set down regarding youthful operators. Liability for negligence in the use or operation of a snowmobile is attributable to its owner. Title 4 describes the enforcement of the rules including uniform summons and complaint, affirmation of complaint, collection of penalties, violations, and suspension and revocation of certificates and permits. Miscellaneous provisions are made for the dispositon of fees and penalties, and state aid to muncipalities. An application and savings clause is also included.
New York State LegislatureCapitol Building
Albany, NY United States 12224
- Publication Date: 1970-2
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Adolescents; Brakes; Driving; Headlamps; Inspection; Laws; Licenses; Mufflers; Noise control; Penalties; Reflectorized materials; Registrations; Regulations; Snowmobiles; Suspensions; Tables (Data); Traffic regulations; Traffic restraint
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic laws; Vehicle restrictions
- Old TRIS Terms: Minors
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00260823
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 27 1974 12:00AM