EVALUATION OF LUNAR DRILLING TECHNOLOGY FOR TERRESTRIAL APPLICATIONS - FIELD STUDY
This report presents results of the field evaluation of a NASA-developed drill system which requires no cooling or lubricating agents. Performance of the NASA system was evaluated at sites in Arizona and New Mexico consisting of volcanic and igneous intrusives.
Army Construction Engineering Research LaboratoryP.O. Box 4005
Champaign, IL USA 61820
- Aufmuth, R E
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Cooling; Drilling; Evaluation; Field studies; Lubricating oils; Volcanic deposits
- Old TRIS Terms: Drilling methods
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00260647
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CERL-TR-M-92 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 12 1974 12:00AM