SURVEY OF SIGN LIGHTING DESIGN AND MAINTENANCE
A summarization of replies to a questionnaire on current design practices for sign lighting and maintenance procedures is presented, together with a listing of the verbatim answers. The survey results are compiled from replies of traffic engineers or other designated officials representing a selected group of twenty state transportation department, highway department, and turnpike authorities. The survey reports on agency practices in roadway and interchange lighting, applications and design types of sign lighting with experience and problems, use of high intensity reflective sheeting, and information on maintenancce programs and the use of catwalks.
Columbus, OH USA 43215
- Hansen, A H
- Stevens, D T
- Publication Date: 1974-5-1
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Design; Equipment maintenance; Interchanges; Reflective signs; Street lighting; Surveys; Traffic signs
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic sign design; Traffic sign maintenance
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00260614
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 11 1974 12:00AM