BERT PROTOTYPE CAR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM, VOLUME 2, PROGRAM DETAILS
The report traces The Bay Area Rapid Transit District Rapid Transit Vehicle Program through the planning phase, design phase, and the development and prototype test phase. The program was established to enhance the attractiveness of rail rapid transportation to the urban traveler by providing a comfortable, reliable and safe car incorporating the latest engineering concepts. The report provides design justifications, testing highlights, and reasons for modifications and changes resulting from the prototype test program, sponsored by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration. This Volume 2, Program Details, provides the detailed technical material for Engineering personnel. /Author/
- See also Volume 1, PB-223131/4.
Rohr CorporationP.O. Box 878
Chula Vista, CA USA 92012
- Publication Date: 1973-3
- Pagination: 271 p.
- TRT Terms: Prototypes; Railroad cars; Rapid transit; Testing
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00260417
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-CA-06-0032 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 11 1981 12:00AM