CYCLIC MECHANICAL TESTS AND AN APPROPRIATE ANALYTICAL STRESS-STRAIN MODEL FOR A36 STEEL
This report establishes the monotonic and steady-state cyclic stress-strain properties for smooth, uniaxilly-loaded specimens of A36 steel. Transient characteristics of cyclic hardening and softening and cyclic relaxation of mean stress are investigated. Deflection versus load and strain versus load are reported for a simple beam subjected to three-point bending. Six computer programs are included. These programs were developed to fit specific needs of the finite element program for determining energy dissipation in dynamically loaded structures.
Army Construction Engineering Research LaboratoryP.O. Box 4005
Champaign, IL United States 61820
- MARTIN, J F
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Deflection; Deformation curve; Dissipation; Finite element method; Repeated loads; Steady state; Steel; Strain (Mechanics); Stresses
- Old TRIS Terms: Uniaxial strain
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Energy; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00260355
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CERL-TR-M-86 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 11 1974 12:00AM