FUNDAMENTALS AND ABATEMENT OF HIGHWAY TRAFFIC NOISE. NOISE BARRIER DESIGN AND EXAMPLE ABATEMENT MEASURES
This 2-section volume which provides supplemental information on barrier placement, materials, configuration and design together with conceptual ideas which may prove useful to noise barrier designers, briefly discusses the general principles of barrier attenuation and presents illustrative examples of some of the governing factors that are of concern to the designer through the development of an efficient, economical and aesthetically pleasing noise barrier. Construction details, costs and effectiveness are discussed of barriers that are in place or have been proposed throughout the country. Generalized construction drawings are also presented.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 52 p.
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Aesthetics; Barriers (Roads); Construction; Costs; Design; Drawings; Economic efficiency; Highways; Location; Materials; Noise control; Traffic noise
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers; Efficiency
- Old TRIS Terms: Placement
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Economics; Finance; Highways; Materials; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00260194
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 5 1974 12:00AM