TRAFFIC NOISE LEVEL PREDICTOR COMPUTER PROGRAM
An update is reported of the original state of Michigan Computer program of the NCHRP Report 117 noise prediction model. The program was written with a view towards ease of use on a time-share computer terminal. It allows the user to rapidly determine L50 and L10 noise levels at any specified distance from the highway for any combinations of the design options available (pavement elevation variables, barrier variables, surface types, grades, etc.). The changes to the original program are listed. The input parameters required are described briefly, and the output of results is discussed. Regular program options and default terminations are outlined. The computer program, example problems, and the addition of noise levels are detailed in appendices.
Michigan Department of State HighwaysState Highways Building, PO Drawer K
Lansing, MI United States 48904
- Grove, G H
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Barriers (Roads); Computer programs; Forecasting; Mathematical models; Noise control; Pavement design; Slopes; Time sharing; Traffic noise
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers; Grades
- Old TRIS Terms: Option
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Pavements; Society;
- Accession Number: 00260192
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: No R-890 Res. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 5 1974 12:00AM