FREEWAY TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT: A REVIEW OF MINNESOTA'S EXPERIENCE 1969-1973
The freeway surveillance and control activities are reported, and the manner in which these activities are in keeping with an ultimate traffic management system for the seven county area is discussed. The staff organization is described of the traffic systems and research section. The traffic flow was studied in each of the areas, St. Paul, Minneapolis and Lowry Hill Tunnel. The Prospectus for a Metropolitan Area Freeway Surveillance and Control System is outlined as is also it's most significant recommendation for a central facility to house the staff and equipment to control the envisioned system of surveillance and control devices. Future systems and specific requirements are reviewed.
Minnesota Department of HighwaysTraffic Systems and Research Section, Office of Traffic Engineers
St Paul, MN USA 55101
- Carlson, G C
- Benke, R J
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Freeways; Personnel management; Policy; Recommendations; Traffic control; Traffic flow; Traffic surveillance
- Old TRIS Terms: Future policies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Policy; Research;
- Accession Number: 00260188
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 5 1974 12:00AM