DETERMINATION OF THE CHARACTERISTICS OF A TWO-LAYER SYSTEM CONSTRUCTED AT THE LNEC TEST PIT
DETERMINACAO DAS CHARACTERISTICAS DE UM SISTEMA DE DUAS CAMADAS CONSTRUIDO NA INSTALACAO DE ENSAIOS DE PAVIMENTOS
A description is given of the tests used to determine the bearing capacity of a two-layer system constructed in the LNEC test pit. Plate bearing test were carried out with steel plates, 30.5 - 45.7 - 61.0 CM in diameter to determine the influence line in the surface settlements of the two-course system and to measure vertical stresses inside the soil foundation. The behaviour of the two-layer system was studied under repetitive loading by means of two other plate bearing tests during which 2 x 10000 load cycles exerting a stress equal to 2.5 KGF/CM.SQ. were applied by means of a plate 30.5CM in diameter. The original document is in Portuguese.
Laboratorio Nacional de Engenharia CivilAvendia do Brazil
Lisbon 5, Portugal
- imentel, CAB
- Pyeriera, O A
- Publication Date: 1973-7
- Features: Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Bearing capacity; Load tests; Plate bearing test; Steel plates; Stresses
- Uncontrolled Terms: Vertical stress
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00260172
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: R&D Rept.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 11 1974 12:00AM