COMMUNICATION AS A PHENOMENON FOR DESCRIPTION AND PREDICTION: AN URBAN DETERMINANT
There is much appeal in the application of communication theory to urban development processes. A theory of urban growth, to be a valid descriptor, must account for the dynamic interaction patterns that characterize urban life and, indeed, are responsible for its evolution. Our cities, which evolved for the facilitation of human communication, have lost their ability to sustain meaningful contact. which evolved for the facilitation of human communication, have last their ability to substain meaningful contact.
Council of Planning LibrariansP.O. Box 229
Monticello, IL United States 61856
- Goldstein, H
- Publication Date: 1974-7-12
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Communications; Human factors; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interaction
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00260159
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Exchange Biblio. 608
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 11 1974 12:00AM