CONSTRUCTION GUIDELINES FOR TEMPORARY EROSION CONTROLS
This manual which is presented in an effort to help project engineers fulfill their responsibility for enforcing the Department's goal of maintaining water quality, reviews the processes of erosion and sedimentation and describes the development of control measures in design. Examples of critical situations which may be encountered in transportation projects are listed and a check list for erosion and water pollution control is reviewed. Temporary erosion and sedimentation control for construction are outlined and administrative guides on the subject of sediment control are set forth. Runoff control guides were developed related to mulching and seeding cut and fill slopes, fill slope drains, cut-fill transitions and toe of fill protection. Channel protection materials, check dams in ditches and streams, sediment traps in ditches, and sediment basins are other aspects covered. Guides are presented to work in streams and lakes. These relate to temporary stream crossings, temporary stream relocations and pier construction. In a discussion of seeding and mulching, consideration is given to permanent seeding, temporary seeding, trimming, cut slopes, fill slopes, and borrow and spoil areas.
- Prepared for the Construction Subdivision by Soil Mechanics Bureau and Landscape Bureau.
Albany, NY United States 12232
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Bearing piles; Construction; Control; Dams; Design; Ditches; Erosion control; Excavations; Fills; Guidelines; Lakes; Mulching; Planting; Runoff; Sedimentation; Streams; Transportation engineering; Water pollution
- Uncontrolled Terms: Temporary
- Old TRIS Terms: Check dams
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Design; Environment; Geotechnology; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology;
- Accession Number: 00260095
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 5 1974 12:00AM