HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY MASS TRANSIT TECHNICAL STUDY
The primary objectives of this study were to examine in detail the existing transit system in Hillsborough County, to determine the distribution of potential transit demand beyond the Tampa city limits, and to make recommendations for implementation over the next five years which would include the modification and expansion of existing services and the provision of new service. The work plan was arranged in three phases. The first phase was devoted to the collection and preparation of data and the second involved the detailed analysis of the collected data. The final phase was the development of a detailed five-year improvement program including an identification of priorities for the implementation of all physical, service and management improvements. Tables, maps and figures are numerous. Appendices include fleet inventory and inspection results and the home interview and pilot interview questionnaires.
- This study was prepared for the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council in St. Petersburg, Florida
De Leuw, Cather and Company1250 Broadway
New York, NY United States 10001
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Pagination: 220 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Data analysis; Data collection; Mathematical analysis; Public transit; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00260069
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-FL-09-0009-74-1Tech Study
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 5 1981 12:00AM