HIGH SPEED MOTIVE POWER DEVELOPMENT MOVES AHEAD IN ITALY
With the prototype E666 class locomotive about to emerge from the Foligno works of the Italian State Railway (FS), and trials with Fiat's prototype tilting coach successfully completed, the hardware needed to raise speeds in Italy to 200 km/h and beyond is now emerging in a tangible form. For the past year a single prototype tilting coach owned by Fiat and designated Y.0160 has been running trials on FS tracks in the Asti and Alessandria areas. These trials have shown that speeds through curves can safely be increased by 25 to 30 percent as anticipated.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric locomotives; High speed rail; Pantographs; Railroad electrification; Technology; Thyristors; Tilting trains
- Geographic Terms: Italy
- Old TRIS Terms: Thyristor control; Tilting cars
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00047491
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1974 12:00AM