AFC CUTS TRAIN AND STATION STAFF COSTS
Automatic fare collection has proved to be the one area where dramatic reductions in operating expenses can be achieved--provided the system works well enough to allow stations to be unmanned. The author takes a look at the current position in North America, and concludes that second-generation equipment now being introduced by established operators will largely overcome reliability problems which plagued the pioneers.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- VIGRASS, J W
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic fare collection; Rapid transit
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Subject Areas: Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00047488
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1981 12:00AM