FACSIMILE HELPS BN SERVE ITS CUSTOMERS
An integral part of BN's COMPASS is a facsimile communications system which consists of dex facsimile terminals manufactured by Graphic Sciences, Inc. BN uses the dex facsimile units to connect its remote yards and industrial service centers for the transmission of switching orders, car checks and work completed reports. This information is processed into the company's computers where it is available for instantaneous car checks. Through this system, the BN keeps accurate and real-time control of cars and car movement on its railroad system and this promotes more effective utilization of its cars and equipment.
Simmons-Boardman Publishing CorporationP.O. Box 350
Bristol, CT USA 06010
- Publication Date: 1973-8
- Pagination: 1 p.
- Railway System Controls
- Volume: 4
- Issue Number: 8
- Publisher: Business Press International Limited
- TRT Terms: Data communications; Facsimile; Information systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00047408
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1974 12:00AM