AN EXPERIMENT WITH A ONE-FIFTH MODEL WHEELSET.
An experiment with a one-fifth model wheelset was carried out to investigate a derailment phenomenon due to an impact side thrust. Results showed that the impact lateral velocity of wheelset and the side thrust hold proportional relations; the distribution of both the side thrust and the impact velocity at the critical state to the derailment of wheelset can be regarded as normal distribution; the impact angle has remarkable influence on the derailment of wheelset; and the side thrust tends to increase rapidly at the critical state of derailment as compared with the side thrust before the derailment.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/3127232
JAPANESE NATIONAL RAILWAYSTOKYO, Japan
- Yokose, K
- Publication Date: 1970-12
- Pagination: p. 228-231
- Railway Technical Research Institute, Quarterly Reports
- Volume: 11
- Issue Number: 4
- Publisher: Railway Technical Research Institute/Tetsudo Gijutsu Kenkyujo
- ISSN: 0033-9008
- Serial URL: http://www.rtri.or.jp/eng/
- TRT Terms: Derailments; Railroad cars; Safety; Thrust; Train track dynamics; Vehicle sides; Wheels; Wheelsets (Railroads)
- Old TRIS Terms: Side thrust
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00046916
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Quart Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1974 12:00AM