PLASTIC COVER FOR 3RD RAIL
The protective cover for the third or "hot" rail on a transit system will be molded fiberglas-reinforced plastic (FRP) instead of wood. A specially-coated FRP laminate was chosen over traditional wood planks for the 75 miles of cover on San Francisco's Bay Area Rapid Transit system because its guaranteed service life of 25 years will sharply reduce maintenance costs.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1586268
Simmons-Boardman Publishing CorporationP.O. Box 350
Bristol, CT United States 06010
- Publication Date: 1972-2-14
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Railroad electrification; Rapid transit; Third rail
- Subject Areas: Construction; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00046794
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1973 12:00AM