A Real-Time Vehicle Navigation Algorithm in Sensor Network Environments
In a large-scale wireless sensor traffic network, collecting and processing of the global real-time traffic information are often unreliable. Making real-time navigation decision becomes an arduous task. To address this issue, an efficient wireless-sensor-network-based real-time vehicle navigation algorithm is proposed, in which multiple local traffic information is considered to make a navigation decision in a quick and accurate way. At the same time, a general distance metric is defined for the processing of both exact and fuzzy data. In addition, the algorithm can provide various navigation decisions according to the choice of different attributes to meet the diverse navigation requirements of drivers. Simulation results show the suitability and efficiency of the proposed algorithm.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/41297384
- Abstract reprinted with permission of IEEE.
- Chen, C.L.P.
- Zhou, Jin
- Zhao, Wei
- Publication Date: 2012
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: pp 1657-1666
- IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Volume: 13
- Issue Number: 4
- Publisher: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- ISSN: 1524-9050
- Serial URL: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/RecentIssue.jsp?punumber=6979
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Decision support systems; Fuzzy systems; Real time information; Vehicular ad hoc networks; Wireless communication systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; I70: Traffic and Transport;
- Accession Number: 01501376
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TLIB, TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 17 2013 9:31AM