Vision-Based Traffic Sign Detection and Analysis for Intelligent Driver Assistance Systems: Perspectives and Survey
In this paper, we provide a survey of the traffic sign detection literature, detailing detection systems for traffic sign recognition (TSR) for driver assistance. We separately describe the contributions of recent works to the various stages inherent in traffic sign detection: segmentation, feature extraction, and final sign detection. While TSR is a well-established research area, we highlight open research issues in the literature, including a dearth of use of publicly available image databases and the over-representation of European traffic signs. Furthermore, we discuss future directions of TSR research, including the integration of context and localization. We also introduce a new public database containing U.S. traffic signs.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/41297384
- Abstract reprinted with permission of IEEE.
- Mogelmose, A
- Trivedi, M.M.
- Moeslund, T.B.
- Publication Date: 2012
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: pp 1484-1497
- IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Volume: 13
- Issue Number: 4
- Publisher: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- ISSN: 1524-9050
- Serial URL: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/RecentIssue.jsp?punumber=6979
- TRT Terms: Databases; Detection and identification systems; Image analysis; Literature reviews; Pattern recognition systems; Research; Traffic signs
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; I70: Traffic and Transport;
- Accession Number: 01501368
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TLIB, TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 17 2013 9:31AM