Is there still difference among Brazilian airlines’ in-flight services?
Ainda há diferença no serviço de bordo entre empresas aéreas brasileiras?
This study investigates how Brazilian airlines’ quality of in-flight has changed along 10 years through an analysis of catering costs. Passengers, used to the aviation’s golden years, have faced lately reduced and, in some cases, charged in-flight service. The study analyzes panel data of Yearbooks developed by Brazilian National Aviation Agency. The main factors influencing these costs are pinpointed and analyzed in light of economical characteristics of air transport scenario. Furthermore, this study shows an econometric model to forecast cost for next years. This work shows a strong tendency of decreasing of catering costs, along with convergence of spent values among the airlines, especially the ones which were known by their differentiated in-flight service.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/22381031
- Abstract used with permission of the Brazilian Transportation Planning Society (BTPS)
- Fortes, João Luiz de Castro
- Publication Date: 2011-10
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: pp 103-118
- Journal of Transport Literature
- Volume: 5
- Issue Number: 4
- Publisher: Brazilian Transport Planning Society
- ISSN: 2238-1031
- Serial URL: http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_serial&pid=2238-1031&lng=en&nrm=iso
- TRT Terms: Airlines; Costs; Econometric models; Food service; Forecasting; In transit passenger services; Quality of service
- Geographic Terms: Brazil
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Finance; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 01493789
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 9 2013 12:28AM