Model for the reliability, availability and safety of the control centers of the vessel traffic management and information systems
The quality of Vessel Traffic Management and Information Systems depends on the quality of all subsystems, in particular the quality of control centers. The most commonly used quantitative indicators of the control centers' quality are: reliability, availability, safety, and system failure. Therefore, a block diagram of reliability and the model for reliability / availability (Markov model) have been created in this paper and a detailed analysis and calculation of the quantitative indicators of critical components (servers) of the control center have been performed. The quality functioning of the control centers will enable gathering, processing, storing and dissemination of timely, safe, and reliable data and information to the services in charge of monitoring and management of maritime traffic.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03535320
- Copyright © 2013 Ristov, P. et al.
- Ristov, Panco
- Komadina, Pavao
- Tomas, Vinko
- Publication Date: 2013
- Media Type: Print
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Information dissemination; Information systems; Maritime safety; Markov processes; Mathematical models; Reliability; Vessel traffic control
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 01491657
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 2013 1:33PM