Efficient production of aggregates is crucial for cost-effectiveness. Many contractors own their own quarry operations and understand the benefits of reducing materials costs for their road construction projects. Major developments in equipment to crush, screen and wash aggregates are now coming to market to ensure quarry companies can further optimize their operations. New developments in crushing systems offer improvements in quarrying efficiency. Various firms have introduced new models for the primary and secondary crushing sectors. A material sizer screen, suitable for both applications, has a low power requirement, a high throughput rate, and simplified maintenance. Double weave screens, horizontal impact crushers, and jaw crushers, developed to offer mobility and rapid setup times, can process a variety of products, especially processing materials such as reclaimed asphalt pavement.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/25073860
- This article was published online with the title: Major Advances are Being Seen in Aggregate Production Technologies.
- Woof, Mike
- Publication Date: 2013-6
- Media Type: Print
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: pp 29-30, 32-33
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Cost effectiveness; Costs; Optimization; Quarrying; Reclaimed asphalt pavements
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; Pavements; I36: Aggregates;
- Accession Number: 01492027
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 23 2013 11:59AM