Analysis of the Influence of Fixed Radars on Traffic Safety after One Year of Usage
Analiza utjecaja fiksnih radara na sigurnost prometa nakon prve godine koristenja
After one year of using fixed radars, extremely good results have been noted in the field of traffic safety. The D1 road, namely, has experienced a 15% decrease in the total number of traffic accidents, a 57% decrease in the number of injured people in traffic accidents; also, the D8 road has had a 29% decrease in the total number of traffic accidents, and the number of injured people has fallen by 45%. Despite these facts, the majority of relevant authorities in charge of traffic have not shown enough interest and active contribution for the spreading of the system of technical traffic monitoring. The roles of local communities, government authorities and expert organisations must be uniform, constant and intensive, because the question of road safety should be considered as a question of national interest. Continuous improvements in safety are possible only by team work among all social structures, which has been an affirmed way of dwelling throughout the world. Otherwise, if the police force remains solitary in activities related to the improvement of traffic safety, the results will be partial and short-termed, hence making it necessary for relevant authorities to stipulate the rights and obligations.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03511898
- Abstract used with permission by publisher.
- Situm, Jozo
- Publication Date: 2012
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: pp 310-312
- TRT Terms: Radar vehicle detectors; Traffic crashes; Traffic law enforcement; Traffic safety
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; I73: Traffic Control; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 01491736
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 12 2013 6:35PM