SCALED CATENARY TO SIMULATE HIGH-SPEED CURRENT COLLECTION
An ingenious solution to the problem of carrying out research into current collection from overhead lines at between 200 and 300 Km/h when trains that will operate in this speed range are not yet available has been adopted by British Rail on its 21-km Nottinghamshire test track. A 3-km length of catenary has been erected southwards from the former station at Widmerpool, parts of which have their physical characteristics carefully scaled so that the overhead line responds to the passage of a pantograph as through the train carrying it were travelling at double its actual speed.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03735346
IPC Transport Press, LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Electrical conductivity; High speed rail; Railroad electrification; Simulation
- Old TRIS Terms: Conductor collector dynamics
- Subject Areas: Construction; Materials; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00046366
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 18 1974 12:00AM