Adapt and Survive
With the European economy in crisis and continuing shifts in the world order, manufacturers must re-think their business strategies if they are to succeed. The CEO of construction testing equipment specialist CONTROLS Group shares his plans for the future in this article. The current CEO has been at the helm of construction testing equipment manufacturer CONTROLS Group since 1996. First impressions suggest that he is a strong leader: confidently determining the direction the company must take and making the decisions necessary to achieve that direction. At a time when Europe’s economy remains in a seemingly unsolvable mess, and emerging economies rise to take over from established ones, strong leadership is more vital than ever for manufacturers such as the CONTROLS Group. The CEO is re-shaping the company to meet the changing needs and challenges of the world market. After two years of preparation, CONTROLS Group presented a new pavement testing equipment division, PAVELAB SYSTEMS, in November of last year. With the dual aims of meeting the needs of emerging countries and the transition in testing methods from an empirical to a more performance-based approach, CONTROLS Group is taking a new tack with PAVELAB SYSTEMS. Through PAVELAB SYSTEMS, the CEO will be selling not only his machines but the expertise of the team the company has assembled.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/25073860
- This article was published online with the title: CONTROLS has Developed a New Business Strategy.
- Smith, Kristina
- Publication Date: 2013-3
- Media Type: Print
- Features: Maps; Photos;
- Pagination: pp 43-45
- TRT Terms: Decision making; Leadership; Manufactures; Pavements; Paving; Testing equipment
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Pavements; I10: Economics and Administration; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways;
- Accession Number: 01482894
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 2013 2:50PM