Effective Management of Parking Space in the Cities Using Parking Fees
Ucinkovito upravljanje gradskim parkirnim prostorom naplatom parkiranja
Every driver stops the car for a shorter or longer period of time, i.e. leaves it somewhere at standstill. Since each stopping requires a certain standing surface, parking cars on roads and parking areas has special significance for traffic flows, especially in urban city areas. Carparking and parking areas have an impact on transport demand and use of space where inadequate transport and lack of space result in numerous problems. Intense and rapid growth of the number of cars has created the need for increasing the parking space which is insufficient. The paper proves the hypothesis that the fundamental strategy of charging parking services is to restrict long, especially street parking, and all this in order to facilitate life and economic prosperity of the central part of the city.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/03511898
- Abstract reprinted with permission from the publisher.
- Marsanic, Robert
- Publication Date: 2013
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: pp 68-72
- TRT Terms: Cities; Parking; Parking demand; Parking fees
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I10: Economics and Administration; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 01482807
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 28 2013 3:02PM