What to look for in the design of a cycle street?
Waarop letten bij de inrichting van een fietsstraat?
In February of last year, the concept of "street bike" was anchored in the Highway Code. Signs F111 and F113 were introduced in the legislation 10 months after (respectively indicating the beginning and end of a bike street). The new governance arrangements show that many cities and towns are planning to introduce bicycle streets in the coming years. Verkeersspecialist asked Eva Van Ennoo of the Cyclists union which elements local governments should consider.
- Publication Date: 2013-5
- Media Type: Print
- Features: Illustrations; Photos;
- Pagination: pp. 28-29
- Volume: 20
- Issue Number: 196
- Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Belgium
- Serial URL: http://www.wolterskluwer.be/sites/verkeersspecialist
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Bikeways; Highways; Layout; Traffic regulations
- Geographic Terms: Belgium
- ITRD Terms: 8008: Belgium; 1211: Bicycle; 2722: Cycle track; 2755: Highway; 1544: Highway code; 2885: Layout; 1544: Rule of the road; 1544: Traffic laws
- Subject Areas: I20: Design and Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 01482170
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Belgian Road Research Centre (BRRC)
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: May 24 2013 5:51AM