The Influences of Marketing Particularities in Shipping
Among the most important aspects of the maritime company marketing is the life cycle of a ship. Managers should be aware of all aspects of the operational period until the moment of the current and capital repair, and the degree of use for the ship and each installation. These aspects are not easily calculated because there appears to be a series of aspects connected to the shipping zone, the type of goods transported, the way of exploitation and maintenance performed by the crews, the number of the exploitation days and many more. The life cycle of the service performed by the ship, in fact the type of the transported goods is very important when taking into account the changes on the maritime market, the competition between shipping companies, the development of the international economy and the requests of the customers of the shipping companies. This paper analyzed the two aspects where a ship represents, ”a product” and a performed ”service” and the paper also presents a type of analysis for a maritime ship.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/15823601
- Abstract used by permission of publisher.
- Florin, Iordanoaia
- Publication Date: 2012
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: pp 279-286
- TRT Terms: Freight traffic; Life cycle analysis; Marketing; Service life; Ship lines; Ships; Water transportation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 01482024
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 15 2013 3:38PM